Middle East and North Africa Leisure & Attractions Council (MENALAC) is a non-for-profit Trade Council representing the Leisure and Attractions companies in the Middles East and North Africa.
It has been set up under the aegis of the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Dubai Association Centre in 2016 when leading companies within the region’s entertainment industry, including Theme Parks, Visitor Attractions, Water Park and Family Entertainment Centers companies joined forces and established the Council as a platform to promote safe operations, regional development, professional growth and commercial success of the amusement industry and to be an indispensable resource for the Council’s members and an international authority for the attraction industry.
"To bring together operators, manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, consultants, tourism boards and Government authorities on a common platform and create a harmonized code for the Leisure & Attractions industry within the region."
Code of Conduct
- To maintain safety as the highest priority in our business and to comply with all applicable safety standards, laws and regulations.
- To conduct our businesses on the highest level of integrity, honesty and social responsibility.
- To provide clean, wholesome and safe entertainment for our guests and maintain the highest standards in quality and service.
Our Aims & Objectives
- To promote a safe operation, regional development, professional growth and commercial success of the amusement industry.
- To be an indispensable resource for the Council’s members and an international authority for the attractions industry.
- To advocate on behalf of the members among consumers, government officials and the media.
- To provide market connections between buyers and suppliers through events and gatherings.
- To be an allied partner with state, regional and national industry associations.
- To be a credible resource for industry data and statistics.
- To pursue appropriate purposes and objectives that are approved by the Board of Directors.
- To provide continuing education and training in amusement facility operations.
The MENA Leisure and Attractions industry is very dynamic and resilient and has witnessed projects evolve from ideas to icons. It makes us enormously proud to see that our regional Industry is also raising the bar with a host of exciting megaprojects underway.
Against this backdrop, MENALAC is playing an extremely crucial role in bringing the MENA Leisure, Entertainment & Attractions Industry together. We aim to make our Industry not only as good as the rest of the world, but one that is setting benchmarks. We continually strive to elevate our Industry through the many educational, informative, networking, and celebratory initiatives and events for our members and the Industry year-round. We work to advocate on our members’ behalf among consumers, government officials, and the media, and we stand as a credible source of industry data. We also celebrate all member achievements - big or small - whether it’s the launch of a brand’s hundredth FEC or a game-changing megaproject, while our members play their part to further enrich the leisure, entertainment, and attractions landscape in the region.
MENALAC is poised for great times ahead as we work to grow our footprint widely across the region and as we work towards adding greater value for our members. MENALAC is a rapidly growing community of 112 members from 22 countries representing 650+ operations and 250+ entertainment brands that serve the MENA Leisure & Attractions Industry, and we are committed to further enriching our Industry’s offering and bringing incredible value to our members
Wishing all our members great success in the region.
Mishal Al Hokair
President of MENALAC